Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > Meet the WOW Staff!

Closed Thread

Old March 2nd, 2001, 07:15 PM   #256
LiamFan!

{{{{biker}}}} You wouldn't believe Danielle if you met her. In a moment, seriously, she wins people's hearts. She attracts people like a magnet...you walk down the street with her and -- I'm not kidding -- kids walk up to her and say hi, guys stare, girls smile...it's bizarre. You don't meet very many people like that.

On the other hand, your coworker sounds like kind of a pain, and you are better off without him, eh? <g>

{{{{Moon}}}} Hiya!

I got my new glasses!! I am very happy with them and plan to spend some time reading later. :-) I already read my one-year warranty in the car on the way home and you KNOW how tiny that print is!
Old March 2nd, 2001, 07:17 PM   #257
LiamFan!

Oh, one other cool thing! When I came to check new messages, there were more than two pages of them! That's excellent.
Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:10 PM   #258
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

{{{{{Les}}}}} If nothing else, I can fill a page! <p>
My friend Sean is like your friend Danielle - people gravitate toward him in any setting. He's just a natural-born charmer. Guys want to be around him, and women want lots more. LOL! Even animals take to him immediately. So, I understand what a bummer it must be that she isn't working with you anymore. You're so right that people who just naturally light up a room are *so* rare. Hope you and Danielle can stay in touch.<p>
Well, "Homey," as we had nicknamed the PITA coworker (he's white, or more precisely, of Portuguese descent, but for some reason Homey just stuck) called again about 11 and said his resignation was common knowledge already, so I called Tom. Tom had just found out, and was quite relieved, too.<p>
I have an appointment for the truck tomorrow, and it's supposed to rain for several days straight *again* starting sometime tomorrow. I'm *so* ready for spring!<p>
My B-I-L flies into San Diego tonight, but with the truck appointment (because it's running rough) I can't very well go to his gig out across the desert from San Diego tomorrow afternoon. That's a bummer, but the tour schedule on the Mark Chesnutt fan site says they'll be back in the area and <i>much</i> closer later in the spring, so I plan to see him in probably Burbank and Victorville, both. He had a very cool thing happen this week - he was invited to play acoustic at some big-deal music industry get-together on a Mississippi River boat. Evidently that's a really coveted gig, and Mark Chesnutt recruited him for it. He's stoked to be making such high-level music industry contacts, and it bodes well for my sister's move to Nashville if her hubby can contribute significantly to their income, finally, not that she's ever complained. I really admire her for following her heart with him, and for encouraging him to follow his passion for music. Who knows, maybe someday he'll be a household name, at least in the C&W world. I just hope my sis finds a good job in Nashville, and that my niece adjusts to the move ok. They're waiting until the end of the school year to fully move so she can finish her last year of jr. high with her friends. That should make it lots easier on her, since there are always a whole new batch of people when you go from jr. high to high school.<p>
Well, I'm just kind-of rambling while waiting for my friend Sharon, the Blues singer, to come by for a long-overdue visit. She's a lot of fun - we hung out a lot when she lived in my condo complex in a little condo alone. She wasn't "out" then, but seems lots happier now, so I'm happy for her. Her girlfriend's daughter had a baby quite recently, so Sharon wants me to come see her new "grandbaby" sometime soon. That should be fun! Babies are cool as long as they aren't my problem! LOL! The 18-year-old mother is gorgeous, so the baby should be a real cutie.
Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:17 PM   #259
MoonWOW
WOW Host

<html>
<font size="-5">
Liam can you read this?
</font>
</html>
Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:52 PM   #260
LiamFan!

Ha ha ha

Why yes I can!
Old March 2nd, 2001, 10:16 PM   #261
BearWOW

<font size=1>Heard this on Jay Leno<g>...</font><bR><BR><BR>How does Hannibal keep his teeth white?<bR><br><BR>He eats Republicans.
Old March 2nd, 2001, 10:19 PM   #262
Lou
Idealist

Cool Humps & Bumps

Even though I have one of my zinc-influenced colds, and even though my mom and dad are both sick with colds, and even though we had to cancel Dad's Sunday birthday bash at Elsie's, I had a good day because I overcame some bumps in life's road <G> that have been obstacles for too long.

So, I am glad for new glasses, overjoyed at the loss of biker's PITA, hopeful that roo's virus is on the way out, and laughing at Moon--as usual.

Hugs to you ALL.
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:30 PM   #263
LiamFan!

ROFL {{{{Bear}}}}!

{{{{biker}}}} Hope you had a great visit with your friend, and are feeling excellent soon! I looked for some info on that "flipper" last night...didn't really find anything useful, though. :-\

{{{{Lou}}}} I hope you feel better soon.

::::chicken soup vibes for Lou::::
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:36 PM   #264
Lou
Idealist

Talking

<FONT SIZE=5 COLOR="mediumseagreen">(((((Les)))))</FONT>
Old March 3rd, 2001, 12:34 AM   #265
BearWOW

((((Liam)))<g>
Old March 3rd, 2001, 08:45 AM   #266
MoonWOW
WOW Host

Happy Saturday (((Liam)))! Have a good one! You know what I'm doing today. Same old same old.

Old March 3rd, 2001, 09:02 AM   #267
LiamFan!

{{{{{{{{{Friends}}}}}}}}}}}

Good morning!

We're going to Discovery World this afternoon for a special program on weather. Bet you can't guess whose idea that was! <g>

It's bright and sunny out this morning!
Old March 3rd, 2001, 10:09 AM   #268
NovaWOW

{{{{Liam}}}} {{{FolderFriends}}}

Hurray for another Saturday morning! Geez I love 'em!

Discovery World sounds cool, and I bet I can guess who!

{{{Lou}}} Sending some feel better vibes ::::::::::::

{{{biker}}} What a Woman!!! (Hey, that could be a handle... bikerWAW!)

{{{roo}}} Love the poems! And I am green here reading about your new PowerBook!!!! <sigh> Someday!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{Everyone}}}}}}}}} Have a great weekend! Only 7 more days 'til Spring Break!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2001, 10:57 AM   #269
ching

:::Whew::: Took me a while to catch up.

(((((Liam))))))

(((((Biker)))))) ((((((Lou))))))

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!
Old March 3rd, 2001, 11:24 AM   #270
Lou
Idealist

Talking Saturday, What A Day

(((((ching)))))! Great to see you, woman! We're having rainstorm after rainstorm, but the bulbs in my yard are coming up like little spear armies all over the place.

(((((*Star*))))) Hi sister Grandma! Thomas has been breaking out in chuckles lately, for no apparent reason, as if he's telling himself inside toddler jokes. LOL

(((((Moontoot))))) Let's see. Are you telephoning Home Depot? <g>

(((((roo)))))
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I adore roo
Because she's an excellent poet.
<g>

(((((Les))))) To weather or not to weather, that is the question. Weather tis noble to know of the impact of rain forests and oceans, weather tis true that the turn of the worm in Venezuela affects a shopper in London. Weather. (((((PikaDREW))))) Have fun!!