Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > WOW Chatrooms

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:38 PM   #421
bookwmn

Suggestions for Womensspace

1. More moderated chats...either general or specific. It seems when the WOWs are there, there is less bickering, etc.

2. WOWs who will warn people when a chatter is getting out of line or is flirting inappropriately (whether straight or gay). WOWs who will kick people out, if it is needed.

3. More use of the macros that inform people what Womensspace is for and who is welcome (anyone who is respectful).
bookwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:39 PM   #422
bitOme
whooooosh

SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE
quail, some interesting points, but along with communication, there is also confidentiality, but then, thats beside the point. Figuring you're an x-wow by your saved info, its easy for many as I said before, to point out whats "wrong" or what others are doing to upset some.

Quote:
First, I want to remind everyone that "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Remember where you started!!!
I think all remember where things started, but to keep doing in '97, '98', 99', etc. gets us where? Many say they would like to see things how they were years ago. Wouldn't we all in many things!! But its not '97. '98, '99, etc, its 2002 and we all change and change happens. We either change with it, accept it, work with it, move on, or pitch fits and do nothing. Or, we can all discuss in a possitive way to seek possitive changes in all.

janpo and susieB started a good suggestion discussion, and imo, bringing out old comments to prove a point adds what to the sollution? The "Powers That Be" don't HAVE to be. Yes we all want things a certain way and yes all don't like to see certain things repeated, but instead of rehashbashing, add a sollution or suggestion instead of demands?

We are all women from all over and although there have been posts that show concern or unhappiness about some things, doesn't mean the world is going to fall apart, thus we are all trying to discuss how to possitivly make things good for all. I see some posts skipped over by those who would rather point out and continue to criticise, yet I don't see many saying anything about it.

WOW isn't a support forum, but support is given in WOW. There is a difference. Its a place for women all over the world to come, learn, intervene, relax, "participate" and grow. Support happens too, but no, WOW is not a support forum per se.

Again, I do agree with some of your points made, but I'll need to disagree with some and the personal posts of others.
bitOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:59 PM   #423
RazberrieTart

Where to begin, where to begin... Well it would not be a post by me if I did not have to disagree somewhere. Rabble, my compliments on the nick you picked, very apropos. You have set out to rouse the masses, ta-da, you have, brava, or bravo, since I have not seen your particular nick in chat to know who you are. You and I both know that to ask you right out "what is your chat nick" is far far too obvious. But to come back after your "hour" only to try to demean others, come now.
And as far as claws... I bit my nails all off, bad habit, yes, so no worries there. Rabble, what determines "worthwhile" reading by anyone's standards ?
The fear of having posts deleted is a real concern, it has happened in the past. But since the posts are not THERE anymore, it can not really be proven one way or the other. Ask Cookie about the posts Jan left in Shaloms folder. Also in the room, how many times have any of you held your tongue for fear of creating waves or offending the PTB's in the room ? Show of hands. We want to all feel free to discuss in the room what we feel, and since the concern is that we can't, the next logical place is to come here, to the boards. What can be done to change the way things are headed ? Honestly, I don't know. I think there are far too many changes that would need to be made to go back to even a semblance of what Becky saw for WOW.
The only WOW I even see left from all those rather loveley posts Quail CC&P'ed is Pastel. There were once so many WOWs, now there's what, someone told me about 30ish. Where have they all gone ? WHY have they all gone ? is I think a more important question. And of the ones who are here, how many of them do we see hosting in the room on a regualr basis ?
Trust me you do NOT want to see my suggestions for the room, I have a very vindictive nature when stirred and the things I would say would NOT go over very well.
How am I doing on my grammar and punctuation Bookie ?? 'chuckle'
It takes courage to stand up to ppl, Thank you to those who have said I have guts for saying what a lot were thinking I felt it was high time it was said. the PTB's, you must see all this unrest, you had to know it was coming. I think the firing of Twinkie was just the spark everyone had been waiting for. It's been held in far too long. And we ALL know I have a big mouth. Look where it has led this topic, I wonder where it will lead everyone to reply ?
RazberrieTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:06 PM   #424
TammyWOW
WOW Forum Coordinator

Interesting little tidbits you've got there, quail.

I have been more than patient, in the rooms and in here. This is not a group of newbies coming in here with a list of valid complaints. The people who have valid complaints are the ones that use the proper feedback channels for this organization, rather than making a public spectacle of themselves here on the boards.

This is a group that likes to hang around and wait on someone to tick them off, then come in here and post post post like crazy, all the while hollering "read my post before it's deleted!" Their latest outburst is because I let a WOW host go. They have taken one half of a story and declared it the one and only truth surrounding the decision that was made, which I know is not true because I am the one with the other half of the story and I have not and will not discuss that with anyone but the host in question.

Now, as far as the "complaints," I have been way more than patient.

I have put up with Razberrie_Tart and her juvenile behavior of saying "OH GEEZ" every time I come in a room, with her breaking out crayons in and "coloring" in the middle of serious discussions and hosted chats in WomensSpace, and waving her "I'm not talking because I'll get kicked" macro in the rooms and her "delete me if you dare" flag around in here.

It's interesting that everyone is so afraid of being deleted, considering there have only been about 20 posts deleted on these boards in the last year, and 99% of those were multi-level marketing schemes and other assorted spam posts.

I have put up with the "morning crew" that hangs out in WomensSpace being rude to newcomers and chasing them off, while telling everyone else that comes into the room to join them in their other room, first on Talkcity and now on our current server. Then they come in here and complain that nobody is in the rooms and try to blame it on the server we chose.

We have put up with raging homophobia from some of these folks, with request that "the lesbians" be sent back to LesbianSpace "where they belong" except for the few that this "clique" enjoy having around. Apparently they like coloring. LesbianSpace chatters have suffered through not only being attacked in WomensSpace by some members of this group, but also being attacked in LesbianSpace by those same group members.

As for the support issue, it's interesting, Susie, to see how things get twisted around. I happened to be in the room when you were told "point blank not very long ago (by a prominent, although off-duty WOW) that this room is not about supporting our fellow roomies" and had you opened your ears and closed the attitude you were carrying at the time, you would have heard what was being said to you.

What you were told was that WOW rooms are not support groups and they are not about giving support and encouragement to each other, even when you think someone is on the wrong track, because that type of behavior does not foster growth. If you want unconditional support, then you do need a support group. If you want to learn, discuss, and grow as a woman (which is what this forum is about) then you better be prepared to take a stand, to hear the sides of discussion that are not the same as your view, and to not throw a temper tantrum and stomp around the room because someone disagreed with you.

Quail, if you want to try to apply those quoted posts to this situation, be my guest. And if you want to bring up Becky, I'm game.. because if Becky were still here, I can guarantee you the majority of this group posting here would not still be here. She would have kicked them out herself. My response for those folks who want to bring up Becky is.. be grateful that Becky is not here, because she would NOT be supporting their cause.

If it makes y'all feel better, you're welcome to flame me. I have on my asbestos underwear.. I won't feel a thing.

Now, as for the constructive suggestions that were posted here..

bookwmn, I happen to think that more hosted topic chats is an excellent idea. And, we can do that. I'll get to work on it. The one thing you have to guarantee, though, is that the next round of posts in this folder isn't about "the WOWs taking over the rooms"

For the flirting issues, the biggest help in the world is to stop the baiting when there are no WOWs around. And yes, there is baiting when there are no WOWs around.. I've watched it. Ignore those folks and they will go away.. and even if they don't, you won't see it, so they've gone away

And, finally, I've said this a hundred times at least, but.. if you think a WOW didn't handle a situation properly, I'm just an email away. I say that over and over, yet nobody ever emails me and tells me there's a problem, until we have some kinda flash fire here on the boards and suddenly there's tons of this stuff going on. I can't solve a problem without some more specific information than "WOWs don't do their jobs"
TammyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:16 PM   #425
quail

bitOme, I'm not an ex-WOW : ) What I posted were excerpts that struck me as very relevant to the current situation, as it seems the forum is headed in the opposite direction that Becky wished it to go. And again, perhaps another "ancient" WOW can correct me if I'm wrong.

I will have to disagree that all remember where things started. I have seen some WOWs who, imo, haven't the slightest clue about the beginnings of WOW. Personally, I think the old Beck Stuff folders should be required reading (w/a written test! ) for all new staff. See, when I first started chatting in WS, I felt, hey, this is really cool! But it was "just a chat room." Then I read the dedication. It really opened my eyes... it was no longer "just a chat room." It was a very special place because it was Becky's baby. I never met Becky, but the energy and passion she put into this place had an effect on me. Then I came across the quotes I posted, among other folders, and it only deepened my appreciation for what WOW stood for. And it hurts to see the strife it is experiencing now.....because it wasn't always that way. WOW has had its rocky roads but it always comes through because the roomies always say Hey...we can work this out. But when the WOWs tell the roomies, in effect, their opinions don't count, how do the roomies feel? After all... without roomies, there is no room... as I said before... as it is reiterated to all hosts time after time.

Change is good. Growth is good. But the foundation must remain the same, and the staff must keep the original mission statement in mind to keep the forum alive and well: again I refer to Becky's own words: "....when hosting, you have to ...be there for the members, and let them be there for each other. I do hope everyone gets something positive out of hosting, but we can't lose sight of the point - to provide a safe space for our members to help each other."

If criticism continues to be posted, that means the issue has not been addressed at all and continues to be a problem. If that bothers you, see if you can help resolve it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The greased wheel gets quiet.

I understand WOW is not a support forum per se. But I really really hope that the WOWs are not starting to tell roomies *not* to talk about their problems in the room. As experienced chatters know, the conversation ebbs and flows. Unless there is a topical chat or game going on, the roomies pretty much dictate what the subject is. Again... if you don't listen to your roomies' concerns, if you keep putting them off, they *will* go elsewhere, and then your room will have WOWs hosting nothing but off-duty WOWs. It won't be much fun.
quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:34 PM   #426
Angel_Wolf

Smile Just my own thought

Very well said! I agree. If not for the roomies what do we have here? Nothing for the hosts to host or chatters to chat about. We all help make the chat rooms what they are. If there are problems, don't get mad just be patient and see if it gets resolved. Most of us here have our own view points on different things yet if we can't say whatever then we will leave. We need to support and help each other. I have been coming to the chat rooms for over 3 years and enjoyed most of that time. The few times were when others weren't listening with an open mind and willing to see another's view point. We don't have to agree with what that person said but have you ever considered that maybe that person needs to say it to get it out of their system and maybe get some feedback from us? Then we regulars can maybe help and support this person with a new perspective that maybe that person couldn't see because they were too close to the situation. Its' what I believed that the WOW chat rooms were for. To be able to support, help and love each other as citizen's of the world. When my mother passed away I got so much support from the roomies, I will admit to thinking of suicide and etc. The point is that cause they cared enough to put aside whatever and helped, supported and loved me thru that time, I am now here to do the same for anyone. If that is a bad thing then I will apologize for it. Yet I don't think it is. If you learn to tie your shoes and then don't tie them, you will more than likely fall and get hurt. The point is to learn and pass that experience on to others. Thus we help each other, which is a good thing. I do hope that whoever reads this understands the meaning of what I am saying. There are not implied sentiments at all except what I said. I hope that you all realize that because of one person or maybe more, another's life has been blessed along Life's rocky road. Have a great day!
Angel_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:54 PM   #427
Melynn
Queen Goddess

Becky needs to rest in peace.

Becky had a very strong presence, that's true. But to believe that the energy felt here is solely hers, is to discredit the previous forum coordinators DameWOW, IrisWOW, and AddieWOW (me), as well as our phenomenal current forum coordinator, TammyWOW.

I had the privilege to work side by side with Becky for less than two years. Her mark on me, personally, is indelible. "Trust your gut, it's a good one. Do what you feel is right, you know what it is. You're bright and capable, go with it."

Those sentences; those sentiments, are the legacy left for me. Left for me a very long time ago, not long after this group left the safety of eWorld for the "wild, wild, web."

While all of us here are proud that we have honored a wonderful woman by keeping the name of her forum alive, Becky herself is no longer here. She couldn't have known the changes that would take place or the hardships that we would encounter along the way. What she did know is that I would make the best decisions possible for all of us, both staff and guests.

TammyWOW has somehow managed to work more than 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To continually harp on Becky's spirit is to disregard the enormous amount of energy it takes to run WOW on a daily basis. It's deflating, discouraging and hurtful. Trust me when I tell you that there isn't one of us here, myself included, who has the energy and the stamina to accomplish what Tammy has accomplished. She deserves nothing less than your admiration.

And, you must also remember that Tammy works to make *my* vision happen. She carries the message that I've asked her to carry. So, anytime you're unhappy with the way WOW is being run, please direct your negative comments towards me, and offer nothing but applause for Tammy. If not for Tammy, this forum would have ceased to exist long ago.
Melynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2002, 09:58 PM   #428
bitOme
whooooosh

SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE
quail, I understand what you're saying, but as Tammy so decently posted, there are some who refuse to want to have calm. What then? Saying also you disagree about all reading where WOW came from, how do you know? As for Becky? Her dream became a reality and has grown sinse then. I respect what she started here, but again, as Tammy also mentioned, she would have probably offed this whole folder of all the negativity without possitive suggestions. Because thats all some of it is.

Those who have posted "adult" suggestions, opinions, statements and true feelings for a better place, have to read through all the muddle of non productive posts.
All have a right as said time and again to post what they feel, think, etc., but the "fear factor" has to stop. If something has been posted and removed, why assume it was because it wasn't liked? Again, as Tammy said, could have been in the wrong folder, or just plain inapproiate, etc.

Being around a long time or from "back when", doesn't make a good WOW nor a good roomie. Being open to listen without attacking or distructive posts is what makes growth possible. Look at some of the past posts yourself? As I said before, so many constructive posts where skipped right over to jump waaaay back to what another posted and some just plain want to continue the stirring. For me, I'll ignore that from now on and stick to those who want to make things good and have a goal other than calling names or sticking on one post.

The forum is alive and well and this situation does not mean a forum is doomed. It means it was a situation that only "those privvy" to the whole story know about. Where are all these same posters when things are running smooth? Where are the suggestions before anything comes to a head? Where is respect for ALL?

Unfortunately, critisism usually gets posted far more than possitive, just by human nature I guess, but if there was as much passion for contributing to a possitive forum as much as there is when some choose to stir a warm pot to reheat it, this would be a fine bunch of posts to read.

I have personally been around WOW awhile, I have never seen anyone but a disrupter "told" to behave, so to speak. Some want to be sure roomies are told to behave when "they" feel it fit to be told. Not all, ahain will be pleased, but WOW is still one of the best Forums around and its not the nick that makes it such, its all of us "wanting" to build, not tear down. You have to know what you want and all angles before you ask/judge for it, ya know? Who here has said anything about a WOW thats possitive in all the past posts? WOW's are chatters too, roomies too and women too. All can work for good if you decide to focus on good and change problems or problem makers, imo. I say look who is trying to build and make things good and look who is trying the opposite and who has what motive, then see what way each wants to go in our own way. I choose to go for possitive suggestions and constructive critisism to do whats best for all concerned as best I can. I can't speak for anyone else. But hope they do too. We all like it here, so input the possitive to delete the negative?

Sorry for the book, oh my....
Old May 25th, 2002, 10:19 PM   #429
bitOme
whooooosh

SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE
Wolf and Melynn, just wanted to add I didn't skip you over, your posts weren't there when I posted. Well said and agree and a Thank you Tammy and all who make WOW a second home.
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:45 AM   #430
Angel_Wolf

This is all I have left to say :)

I have never met Becky yet because of her insight and hard work to start up the WOW forum, we all now have a safe haven to go to chat and post. It takes a lot of work to keep this forum running smoothly and still keep intact the basic reasons why it was founded in the first place. It isnt one person's job to make it run smoothly, its all of our jobs. Each of us have to work with an open mind loving heart and willing spirit to learn and understand others view points. We don't have to agree or even like what is said yet to each post there is a grain of truth in it. Dont let the other grandulars of negativity weigh out the truth. But lift it out and let us all know it and understand although we may dislike it. There is enough negativity out in the world, we are here because of it. All the people that chat in the chat rooms, post on the boards, host and help run the forum are dedicated to those of you who come looking for the silver lining of the cloud, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and the hope of the ages. Its there just take whatever is needed then pass it on to those when they are in need. Remember we all are human and make mistakes. But instead of bringing us down let it lift us up and bring us out the darkness (negativity) into the light (positive). I will you happiness, joy and peace. Have a great day!
Angel_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 05:22 AM   #431
quail

Melynn, I never meant to discount what everyone else has put into this forum. I applaud Tammy's hard work, especially after the server problems. The crises that passed during your tenure were enough to make any woman pull her hair out, and I admire your perseverence and the unflagging cheerfulness you displayed to the roomies. I never got to meet DameWOW, unfortunately. And IrisWOW was among my first friends in WOW. I've never had anything but respect for the position all the WOWs hold, whether or not we got along personally. Some I've respected more for their integrity - unhesitatingly yet always politely upholding the rules and the spirit of the forum whether the uncooperative person was friend or snert. Not everyone can claim that quality, but they had respect nonetheless. Granted, I've not always been the epitome of diplomacy, but I've tried to maintain an amenable decorum for protocol's sake.

I don't object to using the "proper feedback channels" for complaints. However, the standard "sometimes in chat things are misinterpreted" form letter gets old. I understand that any disagreements or disciplinary procedures within the organization are confidential in nature, but to get the form letter without any followup whatsoever leaves the complainant feeling ignored. There was a host a while back who, while never divulging confidential info to the roomies, did try to give them the satisfaction that they were heard and taken seriously. She did this by finding them in the room and saying something like, "I forwarded your concerns to the admin. Don't worry, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears." It was a little more reassuring and personal than a simple form letter.

From my own observations and what I've gathered from others, the problem starts where public access ends. Many roomies have expressed time and again some surprise at the supercilious indulgence given cohorts, even though it has almost become a tradition. But this predilection only goes so far, as it also ends where public access does. Understandably, there must be cohesion among the hosts, even between those that may not enjoy a personal friendship. And every human being has their personal biases. But must the roomies be made to feel excluded from "the club"? Are not all hosts and all roomies what makes WOW the great place it is? I am trying to look at this from the hosts' point of view. It is not hard to sustain the professionalism expected of the WOW uniform while maintaining the disposition appropriate for the current chat, be it cheerful or serious.

This last is for bitOme, addressing her remarks in post #439. I know not all read about the history because some have sort of adopted WS as their very own exclusive playground where anyone who does not agree with them wholeheartedly is merely "tolerated" because it is "the rules." And even then, they are the ones baiting and bashing and threatening, leaving the one or two or three "uncooperative" chatters in the cold. This is where we find people who are afraid to voice their opinions. Those who are truly cut out for hosting would gain a new appreciation for the whole forum and their predecessors by even casual perusal of the old folders. I agree Becky wouldn't have tolerated a lot of these events, but I disagree that she would deal arbitrarily with anyone. She said herself, "I deal much better with folks who are willing to be up front with me." And, "You will just have to take it on faith that in dealing with me, getting in my face does not get you in trouble! Some of the WOW's can tell you that; it only increases my respect for you. I admire people who deal with my face, not my back. And I will give you the same courtesy. You will always know where you stand with me." I'd like to think that would apply to non-hosts as well. Unfortunately, there were WOWs in the past who managed to give the impression that all hosts were unapproachable, and were way too willing to use the boots when a 1-1 warning would have sufficed. Fortunately I got to know the more friendly hosts first... although I will admit that the others did have an intimidating effect at times.

I don't think the post-skipping was intentionally disrespectful; surely you can allow someone who came to the discussion late to respond to something that they read 3 or 4 pages ago. My own last post came after Razberrie's, which is why I didn't address anything she said. And I'm afraid the age goblins are attacking me lately; I am not as quick on the draw as I once was. I have to think at some length before I can articulate what I feel. Thus this 4 a.m. posting. If one post is getting more attention than another, then it must be the crux of some problem. The squeaky wheel...and all that. Also, I hope nothing I've posted has been interpreted as an attack. Nothing was meant as such, and I'll apologize now if it was taken that way. I have waited a long time to make the points I did. I could have posted this all 2 years ago, 3 years ago, 4 years ago... it would have fit the occasion any time. So why now? Because this time it's going a little further than it did before. More people are involved, more facts are available, and more tension is in the air. And one cannot possibly look at all the posts this discussion has drawn and believe the roomies want to "tear down" the forum. It is because everyone who has posted and those who want to and those who agree with whichever posts they agree with, want to make sure that WOW stands strong, and becomes a BETTER forum. It's possible through discussion. That, after all, is what we are doing here...

This is all the equivalent of one person who has faced many adversities in a row and finally, upon facing the latest crisis, cries out, "What is happening to my life? Why is all this happening to me?" It's not a breakdown. It's a call for help. The roomies just want to help keep this forum going strong. They want to know that they are a respected and valued part of it. No one likes to be considered expendable or just a number. Sure, it's "just a chat room." But it's become a very real part of a certain group of people's lives. They stick around because they like it. They post here because they want to help keep it that way. The message boards reach a broad audience. Who knows who'll post next and what angle they'll bring up that everyone else missed. And you can voice your opinion at your leisure. What a great thing this internet is.

I guess I've written a book too...
quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 09:00 AM   #432
topsinapod

I've read and read and read this morning since I woke up. I'm hoping that what I am seeing is a laying aside of old animosities and the beginning of learning what is good and wonderful and buildable in all of us. Every person that has posted here has something to offer the rest of us. We can all learn and grow from one another and from that, we become stronger than ever. It was once said, "Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles". Those words are still true today. We have a choice with fire, we can use it to our advantage, or let it rage out of control, but one thing is certain, fire always builds new life. It's cleansing. Lets begin to look for that spark in each of us that we can build on. That little part of all of us that we can look at and say.. I like that about that person and build from there. It has been my experience that we can almost always find something in the individuals that touch our lives that we can like and build a relationship from there.

It's time to set aside taunting and baiting and laying blame and join hands and work together to build onto the foundation that has been set in these wonderful chat rooms that we are privileged to be able to use. That usually means that the house is NOT the same as the foundation. Growth is natural and good. (Even when we are kicking and screaming into it.) Different times and circumstances require different approaches. If that were not so, we would still be in the dark ages because no one would have grown beyond that age.

topsinapod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 09:57 AM   #433
shana123

I have been reading these posts for awhile and really dont know where to begin. First off I would like to say bravo Tammy for coming to some sort of honesty with all this. Also thanks to Melynn for trying to show people this is just not one person's decision. WOW is a team. A great team as far as I can see. People work hard and sometimes are not appreciated but in some ways that's ok because I believe they do it for the good of all not for self gratification. I say Bravo to all the WOW hosts cause no matter what crap is thrown your way you carry on and try to work together to make our rooms the best they can be. (((( WOWs ))))

Ok now on to what I see and this is my opinion only. First I hear that the server is what's wrong yet the ones complaining have opened their own rooms on this very server? Make sense to anyone but me? Then I hear its because of the flirting in the room yet the ones being complained about are now part of the group complaining about something else and they are being applauded. What happened to the original complaint. They are not allowed to flirt but they can join your side and support you. Kind of double standards dont you think?

I came to this room about 5 yrs ago. I fell in love with it. I have found many friends here. I have seen many changes and each time things get worked out and it's again the room I love. There are many ppl I see that are long time roomies. They keep coming back and those that don't are not always because of the room. They have lives and things change for them so they move on.

One of you said you would like to see more topic chats yet others want to be allowed to piffle in the room, well which is it going to be? Piffle if you want even in a topic chat? Are just the few ppl complaining now all that matter to the success of the room and WOW? Sure things change and the room has too, why is that bad? Or is it just bad for a few that like to complain? What about for us that like the room, that like the changes, that wouldn't run off and leave if things don't go our way? Are we chopped liver and don't matter cause we are content with how things are going?

I love our rooms. I have no intention of leaving them. I don't want to go to another room on this server or any other server. I am happy to stay and I know other's who feel the same way. Constructive critism is fine if it helps to make changes for the better of ppl. Petty backstabbing sometimes lies and just plain one sided complaints dont add up for me. Like Tammy stated if you want to take one side of a story and run with it, that is your choice, but I too know alot about what goes on in the room and I too know some of the other sides. I say get your facts straight and if you still want to complain feel free but do it without cutting down other people. Bashing WOWs and how they do things is not necessary. If you all think about it WOWs are roomies too and when you slight them you are slighting the very people you may chat with everyday. Too me that is unacceptable.

I like to be honest and I have tried to be that way with everyone I have encountered in our rooms. I have been friendly and hope a friend to most of the people that come to the rooms. I support people when they need it, I applaud their successes, I love people. I don't profess to be their friends one minute and then backstab them the next because of the choices they make. I support those who want another room to go to. That is your choice but to come to the room and complain its awful and you dont like it and are never coming back and then show up a week later and stay as much as I stay in the room, makes no sense to me.

You as well as I want changes, I think to see those changes we need to work together on it. Point blank like Book, make those complaints known in the right ways and see if they can be worked out. AS to WOW business what happens on that side is between Tammy and the hosts she works with. There are always reasons for things and unless you are privy to all that goes on then I don't think you should just take one side. My opinion of course.

Lastly like other's that have come to the rooms I came for support, emotional support. I needed other women to talk too and I found that. I found a great diverse group of women and although I didnt always agree with them I loved them for who they were and for the choices they make. Isn't that what being friends is all about? WOW is not a support room but the women in it will support you in a heartbeat. There is a difference. I have nothing but admiration for the people who work hard in WOW and I respect the people that want to go forward and make the WOW rooms the best they can be. I applaud those who seek answers and solutions to problems but I can't have respect for bashing or backstabbing when in reality its petty and not worth reading. Being mature and adult means you can help make solutions to problems and not revert back to your childhood and just call names and say things that are not true just to suit your purpose.

I love the women I have met in the WOW rooms. I have made so many close friends that I wouldn't leave it without a fight. I would miss my friends I have made and I know for a fact I wouldn't find the kind of women I have met here. I miss the few that have left but again that is their choice to make. Even though some are gone now they have made an impression on me and my heart. If you can leave that behind then more power to you because those feelings I get from the women here I can't leave. For me WOW and the rooms is something I will cherish and will work as hard as I can to retain. It's something that is important to me. To all my friends I just want to say I love you all. Please let's work together and make this a better place for all.
((((((( To the Future of WOW )))))))
shana123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 10:33 AM   #434
TammyWOW
WOW Forum Coordinator

Personally, my favorite Becky quote began with..

"The train is at the station.."

But you probably won't find that, or the remaineder of the sentence, in 5-year-old message board posts.
TammyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2002, 10:39 AM   #435
janpo1

Bashing is not my style on or off the boards~ I feel sorry that it seems to have come down to this in the folders. Can we stick to the suggestions to make Womensspace a better place for all? Maybe hold a special chat about the issues without it turning into a war zone?
janpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote