Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Getting to know you!

Old July 3rd, 2001, 07:22 PM   #1
sparrow

I guess this is the place to introduce myself. I just discovered WOW, and I'm hoping it will be a good place for me to make friends. I just got married in May, and though I met some wonderful people on the wedding message boards, my husband has started calling me "creepy chick," since I haven't managed to drag myself away from them. I'm sure I won't stop dropping in on my friends there, but I need a new place to "hang out."

A little about me: I'm about to turn 30, and, as I said, a newlywed. I have married my soulmate. I live in Columbus, Ohio. My husband is a Chemist and a Grad student at OSU, and I do administrative work for a couple of financial planners.

Sparrow
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2001, 08:12 PM   #2
roo

Welcome aboard Sparrow. There are somme great folks running around this forum
Old July 4th, 2001, 02:58 PM   #3
sparrow

Thank you so much for the welcome, roo! As I paruse the posts on these boards, I am happy to find a community of women being supportive and kind. It's so hard to get women together without them being catty! I look forward to getting to know you all.
Sparrow
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2001, 08:32 PM   #4
roo

These are very nice folks, Sparrow. I don't know if you found the chat rooms or not, there are links for it on this board. I find the forum really supportive, people being ore interested in the details of each other's lives than competition.
Old July 10th, 2001, 05:22 PM   #5
tupi

Hi, sparrow! Welcome to the WOW message boards. I've been here in WOW for almost 5 years. I love the women here; they've become family to me. I've been married for 30 years and have three sons. I was born and raised in Indiana but I live in Florida now. Join us in chat sometime. It's a wonderful place.
tupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2001, 12:07 PM   #6
candygirl1030

Welcome to WOW sparrow

I have been here with WOW for 1 1/2 years. I found WOW and never looked back. It has been the most wonderful place to meet other women whom I can share everything with no matter what it is. It is nice to have so many different views and opinions.

I live in New Hampshire with my two children(10 & 8) and my partner. I am a full time college student studying Computers. I am almost 30 as well...ugh...I am little scared if that birthday. lol Glad to know you have found us. Hope to see you in one of our chatrooms. They are a great place to chat as well as the messege boards
candygirl1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2001, 10:27 PM   #7
PhantasyWOW
<- My Moms Stargazer Lily

(((((Sparrow))))) Welcome to WOW.

This is an awesome place hun and it is very large too.
Even though we are having some technical difficulties with the chatrooms at this moment if you check the Forum Information folder then Announcements we should have it updated soon.

PhantasyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2001, 04:00 AM   #8
Pepper

Hi! I just discovered this site and thought it would be fun to join. I've never written on one of these so where should I go? There seems to be alot to it! I am a 31 year old secretary but I am soon to start my own home based business! I won't be telling anyone what it is until I get it off the ground though...I don't want to jinx it! I am married and live in a small town outside of Las Vegas. No kids but I have a beautiful chow chow! I guess that's it for now! I hope I meet alot of you!!!
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2001, 03:45 PM   #9
tupi

Welcome to WOW, Pepper! I live in Florida and have never been to Vegas, but I will go one day if for no other reason than my brother in law is out there. I have been married 30 years and have three grown sons. I put my old dog down last year and as yet haven't had the heart to get a new one. I love chowchows they are one of the prettiest dogs around. I do hope you'll stick around; this is one of the nicest message boards I know of. Our chat rooms are pretty cool, too. Again, welcome!
Old August 27th, 2001, 01:42 AM   #10
Pepper

Thanks Tupi!

Thank you so much for the greeting Tupi, I'm having fun already! Well I am going to go explore the site!
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2002, 08:16 PM   #11
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink Hello and Welcome

HI and Welcome to the Wow site. As mentioned in prior posts about the chat rooms they are wonderful. I started chatting in WS about two years ago. Since then my mom has passed away. Oh my goodness what a way to talk and have those who been there help you thru the grieving process. To just listen when you are in the doldrums. They go out of their way to make you smile and feel good. If it wasnt for that chat room and my kids, I highly doubt I would still be here living. There are time though I give advice or my opinion and that way it lets the others know I care enough to say what I think. Isn't that what a family or good friends should do but usually dont always have the time? Well check it out and you will see. By the way, I do scouts with my three kids. I also love ppl no matter what. So if you come into the chat room and see my nic say hi!
Wolf_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2002, 05:28 PM   #12
AHarleyLady

Hello Women Online,
I happened upon WomensSpace chat room in January 2000 when I purchased a webtv. I have enjoyed chatting in this room so much that I have never searched for another. In January 2002, I purchased a new computer and I am learning how to use it. Several of the women in the chatroom have been most helpful. My thanks go out especially to beaches, janpo, and crazymomnj for their patience and guidence.

Happy New Year to all

AHarleyLady
Old January 19th, 2002, 09:00 PM   #13
seo58

Hi all, nice seeing all of ya's and especially the new roomies or guests

I have been a part of WOW since August of 2000, I bought myself a webtv for my b-day, hehe.

I frequent both rooms and love them both, some really wonderful folks in them.

I live in NJ and am 43 yrs old. No childern, but partner, who lives in another state, has a 3 yr old girl. Will be moving to where she lives in the Spring.

Well have a great day everyone, nice to see you all
seo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2002, 02:50 PM   #14
Cath41

Smile saying Hello !!

Just joined and figured this would be the place to jump in !! I'm 41, single but living w/ someone for the past 10yrs. and live along the coast of South Carolina. He and I have a construction business that we eat, sleep and breath - two cats that rule our world (when we are not working..LOL) and 1 big lab that thinks she's a lap dog. Well, i guess that's it for the moment. Thanks ya'll and have good one!!

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing thiers, it's just possible you havn't grasped the situation" - Jean Kerr
Cath41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2002, 04:00 PM   #15
tupi

Hi, Cath41, welcome to WOW! I live on the west coast of Florida with my husband. Been married 31 years. I read and score state essay, short answer, and math tests. My three sons have left home, my dog died, and I'm rather stunned at the silence that surrounds me. I've been here in WOW for 5 years, now, and this is my second family.