Women Online Worldwide

Women Online Worldwide (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/index.php)
-   Arts & Crafts (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   New Crafts or Old Crafts..what are you doing now/ (http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=606)

etherea September 25th, 2016 03:39 AM

Yeah, my husband works with graphics so ........... his expertise married with his artistic bent makes it all very easy for him to produce some marvellous if somewhat outrageous designs. Plus they are all designed with the recipient in mind and are generally personal to them.

rjsfeminist July 15th, 2019 10:22 AM

Sounds like a good combination, etherea, of your husband's work and yours.

etherea July 22nd, 2019 11:50 AM

Right now I am knitting a cardigan and it has turned into an absolute nightmare. I designed a little cardigan/jacket which turned out magnificently. Unfortunately I did not note the pattern. The new piece is the same but in a different colour. Because I have no notes I am having to mentally deconstruct and count rows to make it happen. So far so good but..................this will never happen again :D

crazymomma July 22nd, 2019 01:00 PM

Yes, I found with food, if l try something new, if I don't write down it never comes out the same. So, good luck.

etherea July 25th, 2019 05:42 AM

Looking good! :clap: Just the neck and front bands to do!

crazymomma July 25th, 2019 12:19 PM

Congratulations !! I have no talent for anything more than blankets

rjsfeminist December 11th, 2019 05:59 PM

When it comes to knitting, the only things I'm good at are blankets and scarves. I've wanted to try sweaters, but never had the courage to give them a try. My mom did knit several sweaters, and I still have one that she knit for me maybe 25 - 30 years ago. Absolutely love it.

crazymomma December 12th, 2019 03:15 PM

My hands just can't do it as much anymore

etherea December 16th, 2019 01:47 PM

Just give it a go! Just imagine how marvellous you will feel wearing the sweater you made!
Oh! And remember that small mistakes just add to the uniqueness of the piece :)

rjsfeminist November 5th, 2020 07:59 PM

Sometimes those small mistakes are what really make the piece nicer. My mom had hand-knit a sweater when she was in college. Turns out, she ran out of yarn and had to buy a little more yarn. Unfortunately, while it was the same color (supposedly the same shade of blue), it was a different lot number, so it was a little "off" from the rest of the sweater. I got to wear the sweater for a couple of years, and thought that the "off"-ness was part of what made it cool.

I really wish I knew whatever happened to that sweater. Would love to have it, since Mom passed away six years ago.

etherea November 10th, 2020 12:18 PM

In hindsight you should have held on to it but none of us are blessed with knowledge of what the future might bring unfortunately. You still clearly have a memory of it that you associate with your mother so hold on to that.