Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Announcements & Information

Old December 31st, 2006, 08:48 PM   #31
Sabra

I have missed chatting with Kathi since she left wow. She was a kind, wonderful, thoughtful woman who gave far more than she took. We would kvetch about our profession and agreed on many things. I am sad she has left this plain, but know she is sitting on her identical twin sister's shoulder, watching and protecting.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #32
IRISH_EYES_99

As I sit looking at my bags that should be packed and ready to go, the damn roller coaster of emotions begin again.

You know never cared for the roller coaster rides to begin with.

One of my sisters passed away Sunday. She had been sick for a period of time. Doesn't make it easier to deal with.
Even though we sometimes had our difference of opinion... ( I was always right and she was wrong. j/k ) She always considered me her belated birthday present. Our birthdays are 1 week apart .. a "few" years in between.
Say a prayer, light a candle, or just good thoughts for her family. Thanks.

My son is getting married Saturday. Really am trying very hard to keep it all in perspective.

We will dance, and celebrate the beginning of new lives together.. and the passing of lives of loved ones.

Today, Call someone you've lost contact with. Let them know you are thinking of them. Give a smile to a stranger, and a hug to those around you. Do it because you can not because you have to.

That's it after all is said and done,and we are back home .. I can have a mini melt down. It's ok I'm booking it. fitting it into my schedule.

((((((( hugs just because )))))))))
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #33
Sabra

((((((((((((((((((Irish))))))))))))))))))))))))
Sometimes I think when one has been sick for awhile, it makes it harder to let them go with their death. You get used to the idea they're ill, they worsen, they rally, they worsen, they rally, although often they never return quite to where they were previously.

You go up and go to her service, then go and celebrate her life with a shot of irish. Then you celebrate life further with your son's wedding, because she'll be there, sitting on your shoulder, right along with you, enjoying every minute of the celebration.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #34
jagguar
Melbourne, Australia

Condolences

Oh Irish! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's death. Even when someone has been ill for some time, it is still a shock when they die, and it is hard thinking of the world without their physical presence.

So hugs to you Irish ((((((((Irish)))))))) - I hope that in the months ahead you are able to mourn your sister's passing, but be comforted by the happy memories you shared. And that you can then go ahead and enjoy your life with the family and friends who are still here to love and laugh with you.
jagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #35
seo58

((((((((((((((Irish)))))))))))))

am so sorry at her passing, she isn't suffereing anymore. Celebrate her life and celebrate your son's new life too. They both deserve it.
seo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #36
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((Irish)))))) I am so sorry to hear of your lose. Keep your chin up hon and enjoy the wedding. I will say a prayer for you and your family.
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #37
shana1

(((((( Irish )))))) my dear friend. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Losing someone you love is never easy. Book your mini meltdown when you can and if you need a meltdown friend you know you can count on me to be there for you. Have that drink and have one for all of us too Take care!
shana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #38
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink Blessings and love

((((((((IRISH)))))))))

Wow hun you sure are one strong woman. I know you loved her. So I am sending prayers of healing love and peace toa all of you! Just know I am here along with the rest of us if you need us! We are waiting with open arms!

Have a great day!
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #39
nobeefvv

(((((((((huggssss))))))))))

(((((((((irish))))))) we're here for you . you're in our hearts and prayer's.

huggsss and love
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #40
IRISH_EYES_99

((((((((((((((((( shana, crazymomma, Wolf_Angel, jagguar, Sabra, nobeef, everyone )))))))))))))))))),

Thank you I really did feel your presence there when I needed it most. Thank you so much for being there for me.

The sevices for my sister were hard, but they were also beautiful. Yes. we know she is no longer suffering.

A friend of my son and daughter in law had Irish step dancers come and perform at the wedding. You know I could picture my sister being with them. She was so very talented, dancing, playing the piano, just truely enjoying life when she could. That's the way I'll remember her. That's the way she would want to be remembered.

The wedding reception... are you ready lasted from 3PM to 11PM Then back to the hotel for more celebration. We all had breakfast in the AM.

Who's tired?? How do you spell exhausted?

Saturday at the wedding while waiting for the pictures to be taken someone handed me a glass of champagne, I had a quiet toast to my friends here.

When I went to the church for the wedding it was a new church to me.
My mom always said you could make 3 wishes in a new church, ( one that you hadn't been in before is considered new, ) One was made for you. You are all deserving of good things in your life.

May you have as many blessings in your life, as there are shamrocks that grow in Ireland.
Old March 20th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #41
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink Thank you!

((((IRISH_EYES))))))))

So glad to hear that the wedding was great. Wonderful about the Irish Dance Steppers! I am sure your sister is doing that right now above.

I say a toast to your health, happiness and peace of mind. May you have all three but the most is Peace.

Know that you are loved by many on here. Even those who are far away!

Have a great day!
Old April 14th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #42
IRISH_EYES_99

Received an email from PlayitagainLyn aka Ridermom... Her husband passed away last night.
He had been sick off and off over the past couple of years. They think he suffered a heart attack, or a stroke during his sleep.
She asks that her and the family be kept in your prayers over the next few days.

<I>editted by Sysop to correct CRS </I>
Old April 17th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #43
Allie

{{{{{PlayitagainLyn aka Ridermom & Family}}}}} So sorry to hear about your loss.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #44
nobeefvv

(((((((((((((Ridermom and family))))))))))

We're here for you, and in our pryers..
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #45
IRISH_EYES_99

I will relay the messages to playitagainlyn. Thank you very much. I know she'll appreciate the messages.